This item has been discontinued in favor of the upgrade KTH-USB, please check that out instead.
The ElmorLabs KTH K-type Thermometer is designed for low temperatures and high refresh rates. It works with common K-type thermocouples and can be powered from battery with over 30 days of run-time using two AAA batteries or if preferred using a USB Type-C cable. Included in the bundle is an acrylic case with a stand for convenient placement on your desk and a cable for connecting to the UART port. Additional functionality such as logging and firmware updating is available when paired with any of the EVC2 variants (purchased separately). The current batch has been updated with backlight functionality.
This item is now in stock and shipping. All orders from 2021-05-08 will receive the backlight version.
- 2x thermocouple inputs (K-type)
- Adjustable refresh rate 20 Hz to 1 Hz (# of samples for averaging)
- Adjustable auto-off function
- End-user calibration functions (-195.8 °C, 0.0 °C or 100.0 °C)
- Powered by 2xAAA or USB Type-C cable (not included)
- Logging through UART (EVC2 or any USB to Serial adapter, TTL 3.3V)
- Firmware upgradable through UART (EVC2 or any USB to Serial adapter, TTL 3.3V)
- New: White backlight with three levels
- Typical K-type accuracy +/- 1°C at 25°C ambient (excluding probe error)
- Wide ambient range (0-50 °C) with K-type probes (-115°C to 366 °C) +/- 2°C
- Wide ambient range (0-50 °C) with K-type probes (-200°C) +/- 5°C
- Reading range -261.3°C to 366.8 °C
- Battery life up to 30 days (powered on and measuring temperature, backlight off)
- Dimensions 70 x 90 x 23.2 mm (with assembled case)
- Mounting holes M3 62.8 x 82.8 mm
- ElmorLabs KTH (circuit board)
- Acrylic case (2.8mm thick) with mounting parts
- 3-pin 2.54mm male to female cable (UART)